Review: Singapore Airlines SilverKris Business Class Lounge Singapore (T3)
The Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge in Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) is easily one of the top lounges in the world. What sets it apart is the amazing international selection of high quality food, stunningly beautiful decor and the fact that it is located in the Singapore Airport, the #1 airport in the world!
The Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge employs the increasingly common lounge within a lounge concept. Business class passengers have access to the very large main lounge area, while first class passengers and passengers traveling in Singapore Airlines first class suites have access to the First Class Lounge and the prestigious Private Room respectively. I decided to review this lounge in anticipation of seeing The Private Room next time I’m in Singapore!
Location of Singapore Airlines Lounges
There are a total of seven Singapore Airline lounges in the Singapore Changi airport. The lounges in T3 are larger and slightly better in my opinion.
- Krisflyer Gold Lounge (T2/3)
- SilverKris Business Class Lounge (T2/3)
- SilverKris First Class Lounge (T2/3)
- The Private Room (T3)
Access to Singapore Airlines Lounges
Access depends on which type of ticket you have and if you have Star Alliance Gold status.
- The Krisflyer Gold Lounges (T2/3) are for Star Alliance Gold passengers departing that day on a Star Alliance members’ flight. In practice this is for passengers who have an economy ticket, as if they had a business or first class ticket, they would enjoy the larger and more extravagant SilverKris Business Class Lounge.
- The SilverKris Business Class Lounges (T2/3) are for passengers departing that day on a business class ticket on Singapore Airlines, or a Star Alliance member.
- The SilverKris First Class Lounges (T2/3) are for passengers departing that day on a first class ticket on Singapore Airlines, or a Star Alliance member.
- The Private Room (T3 only) is for passengers departing that day on a first class ticket on Singapore Airlines only.
Hours of operation are 24 hours for most of the lounges. The SilverKris First Class Lounge in T2 and The Private Room in T3 are open 0500-0000 and 0530-0230 respectively.
Entrance to SilverKris Lounge
The entrance to the Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge was just as beautiful as the pictures in this lounge review. The attendants greeted us warmly and escorted us to the business class lounge which was toward the left. The first class lounge and The Private Room are to the right, we will definitely have to review those next time!
The inside of the Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge was quite beautiful. The marble walkways and floors were stunning and complemented perfectly by rustic wood and leather accents. It wasn’t quite as modern as some of the other top lounges, but felt very grand and expensive. There was more than plenty of seating.
SilverKris Business Class Lounge Food and Beverages
Towards the end of the main room was a buffet offering a wide selection of hot and cold food, desserts and beverages. The food was high quality and tasted very good for lounge food. I would stay it is comparable to what we had at Cathay Pacific’s “The Pier” in Hong Kong, but not quite as good as the Qantas Lounge in Hong Kong. There was a wide selection of international cuisine which was very nice.
There was even a kids menu.
Singapore Airlines Lounge Showers and Restrooms
The wifi worked great and was fast while I was there, no problems to note in this lounge review.
Lounge Review Conclusion
As you can see from this lounge review, the Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge in the Singapore Airport (SIN) (T3) is one of the best business class lounges in the world. While it is easily the best business class lounge in Singapore, I don’t think it quite stands up to the Cathay Pacific Lounges in Hong Kong. However if we were able to use The Private Room that would have been an entirely different story. Maybe next time 😉 The decor was stunning but relaxing with more than enough seating and the food was very good for an airport lounge.